9. H. P. Lau Coffee & Spice Annex
729 Q St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
| Historic Haymarket Tour
Originally, a railroad spur track served the H. P. Lau grocery warehouse to the east from the location of this two-story building. In 1906, the track was enclosed in Lau’s two-story annex, with large roll-up doors to allow access for loading and unloading rail cars completely inside the structure. The Lau Company used the new building for roasting and packaging its own “Milady” brand coffee. Later it was part of the Russell Stover Candy Company’s Haymarket operation, and then became home to Telesis Inc., a family of companies including Empyrean Brewing Co. and Lazlo’s Brewery & Grill.
Continue the tour